The calculation of heating power has the following three aspects:
● Power during operation
● Power at start
● Heat loss in the system
All calculations should be considered in the worst case:
● Lowest ambient temperature
● Shortest operating cycle
● Maximum operating temperature
● The maximum weight of the heating medium (the maximum flow rate of the flowing medium)
Steps to calculate heater power
● According to the process, draw a process flow chart for heating (does not involve material form and specifications).
● Calculate the heat required for the process.
● Calculate the heat and time required for the system to start.
● Redraw the heating process flow chart, consider the appropriate safety factor, and determine the total power of the heater.
● Determine the sheath material and power density of the heating element.
● Determine the size and number of heaters.
● Determine the power and control system of the heater.